The following programming languages are widely used and considered common in the market:
- Python: Python is a popular and versatile language known for its simplicity and readability. It is widely used in web development, scientific computing, data analysis, artificial intelligence, machine learning, and automation.
- Java: Java is a widely adopted programming language used for building enterprise-level applications, Android mobile apps, and large-scale systems. It is known for its platform independence, robustness, and extensive libraries.
- C/C++: C and C++ are powerful languages used for system programming, game development, embedded systems, and performance-critical applications. They provide low-level control and high performance.
- C#: C# is a language developed by Microsoft and is primarily used for Windows application development, web development with ASP.NET, and game development with Unity.
- PHP: PHP is a server-side scripting language primarily used for web development. It powers a significant portion of websites and is commonly used in content management systems like WordPress.
- Ruby: Ruby is known for its elegant syntax and is commonly used in web development, particularly with the Ruby on Rails framework. It emphasizes developer productivity and convention over configuration.
- Swift: Swift is a programming language developed by Apple for iOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS application development. It offers modern features, safety, and efficiency.
- Go: Go, also known as Golang, is a programming language developed by Google. It is designed for simplicity, efficiency, and concurrency, making it suitable for building scalable networked applications.
Please note that the popularity and usage of programming languages can change over time, and new languages may emerge or gain prominence in the market. It’s important for developers to stay updated with current trends and consider the specific requirements of their projects when choosing a programming language.