The requirements for a non-citizen living outside of the United States to obtain a valid high school diploma in the United States include:
- Enrollment in an Accredited Program: The student may need to enroll in an accredited online high school like Lena Schools or distance learning program that is recognized by educational authorities in the United States.
- Completion of Required Courses: The student will likely need to successfully complete the required courses and meet the academic standards set by the program or institution. You may get detailed information about the required courses from Lena Schools.
- Minimum Credit Hours: Students must complete at least 5 credits to qualify for a US high school diploma in Lena Schools.
- Language Proficiency: Depending on the program, the student may need to demonstrate proficiency in English, either through standardized tests like the TOEFL or through other means. If the student needs English courses, Lena Schools helps with this.
- Examinations or Assessments: The program may require the student to take standardized exams or assessments to demonstrate their knowledge and skills in various subjects.
- Payment of Fees: There is tuition or enrollment fees associated with the program.It is affordable.
- Submission of Transcripts or Records: The student needs to provide transcripts of academic records from their previous schooling, if applicable.
- Compliance with Visa Regulations: If the student is in the United States on a visa, they must ensure that pursuing education is allowed under the terms of their visa.
- Adherence to Age Requirements: The student must typically meet age requirements for high school education. To be eligible to participate in the Lena Schools Dual Diploma program, it is sufficient to be enrolled in a high school in your current country.